Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Free Confused & Lonely at the Same Time

I absolutely do not feel stupid using T. Swift lyrics to describe my life. 
Girlfriend sings my life. 
(No joke, though. I've hit all my major milestones at the same time Taylor did; she knows me.)

As my 23rd birthday approaches (don't worry, y'all still have a month to perfect your gifts)
I figured I would reflect on being 22 using all those wacky emotions Taylor talks about.

Sidebar: 
This is absolutely not meant for pity.
(Unless you want to throw a pity-job my way. Feel free.)
I'm just being honest. 
This blog wouldn't be an accurate portrayal of my life without all of the messy, why-can't-I-be-Rory-Gilmore, NOT-made-for-TV moments.
Plus, if Taylor can sing about it, I can (attempt to) write about it.
Man or not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman. Geez, Tennessee, quit being all sexist.

«Happy»
My parents are pretty cool about my unemployment status!

I have an adorable nephew who's in love with me!
(That will be a problem in the future, but for now it's just cute.)

I live in a super-cute apartment in downtown Fort Worth!
And I'll be moving to a super-cute apartment in Uptown with two super-cute roommates!

«Free»
I'm not working at that gosh-awful job anymore!
(Also, the principal was fired a month after I quit, so JUSTICE WAS SERVED.)

«Confused»
The reason this whole bloggy thing started: my future.
I have no idea where I'm going, nor do I have any clue what I want to do.


I'll figure it out eventually.
If Sex and the City taught me anything, it's that I should be well into my thirties before I get my life figured out. 
(Note: If I get to my thirties before my life is figured out, please shoot me.)

«Lonely (at the same time)»
(It's impossible to sing only part of that line; the rest MUST follow.)
I wish I lived closer to everyone (but I will soon!)
A 30-minute drive doesn't really seem like much to me
(mostly because I grew up in Texas, where EVERYTHING is far away)
but it can definitely impede the party process. 

Being unemployed can be fairly lonely, too. 
I have to find little ways to get out of my apartment or risk being sucked into my computer. 
(I'm fairly certain that was an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? And those are based on real life, right?)
Also, my sister and I were joking about the possibility of my dead body not being found for days/weeks because I live alone. 
That has become one of my biggest fears.



Ups and downs, people. And that's okay. 
Like Taylor says, happy-free-confused-and-lonely in the best way.

Moral of the story: get to work on my birthday presents.



P.S. 15 days until I receive my LSAT scores.
P.P.S. This post has been sort of depressing, so I might do a less desolate one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment