Sunday, September 15, 2013

ABCDE...INTJ

Alrighty. 
This was supposed to be out yesterday, but I got tired & lazy. 
That's my excuse every time, but whatever. 
Life's hard. 

I adore my new Dallas neighborhood. 
Last night, we walked to the bars. 
Unfortunately, the bars as a post-grad are even worse than they were in college. 
I've never been a going-out person; give me a house party any day. 
But last night was a rude awakening. 
School's started up again, so the place was crawling with SMU children.
I couldn't focus on anything because the conversations going on around me
were borderline retarded and fully-fledged offensive. 
Anytime you quote DMB in a list of goals, you're doing something wrong. 

Also, I always regret the amount of clothing I wear when going out. 
Like, apparently fully-dressed is not the way to go. 
Yep. 

BUT
with all of my job-hunting & questioning-my-life-decisions recently, 
I was inspired to do one of those Myers-Briggs tests. 
Now, I don't know how reliable it is because it was free, 
so I probably shouldn't base any big decisions on this. 
Can't make any promises. 

I am an INTJ--introverted, intuitive, thinking, judging. 


Clearly, my hatred of going out + my disdain for people in general 
speak of an introverted nature. 
I have no argument for that one. 

I focus on the future, probably way too much--intuitive. 

My belief that emotions are weakness demonstrates both thinking & heartlessness. 
I'm cool with that. 
Which is probably why I give this reaction a lot:
Love you, Daniel Desario. 

I like to at least have some semblance of a plan for everything.
I have to-do lists on my to-do lists. 
Judging. 

Apparently, we're super rare, comprising only 1-4% of the population. 
That's probably a good thing
since apparently we're FREAKING INSANE
Take those four traits individually and all is well & good. 
Combine them and you've got a serial killer. 

Analytical, anti-social, hatred of authority--psychotic.

Examples of INTJs:
Hannibal Lecter
Napoleon
The Brain (of Pinky and the...)
V (for Vendetta)
Vito Corleone 
Ted Kaczynski (the Unabomber)

Sure, there's some good examples of INTJs. 
But I feel like the psychos outweigh any of those good examples. 

Moral of the story: let's not be surprised if I go crazy some day. It's meant to be. 


In celebration of reaching 3,000 page views:


2 comments:

  1. You are funny and smart. I like that. And you hit INTJ's right on the nose. Good job, and an entertaining read. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny and smart. I like that. And you hit INTJ's right on the nose. Good job, and an entertaining read. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete