Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hot Mess Express

I just applied for a job
and had to fill out a 12-page survey that read like a psychiatric exam. 
How many different ways are there to ask if I adapt well to changes in my work environment?
At least 6, as evidenced by this piece of nonsense. 
This is a retail job, not the Pentagon. 
(And let's be real, it's probably easier to get a job at the Pentagon, these days. 
#obamaprobz #obamasGOTprobz)

Also, I'm pretty sure the bag of pretzels that I just purchased is stale. 
Like, it was stale when I opened it. 
And I've just been eating them anyway. 
Add a little schmear, and we're good to go. 
(My depression manifests as an older, Jewish woman.)

Regardless of the state of my mind/pretzels, 
here's a playlist that helps me through those times I'm riding the non-stop, 
high-speed train to Crazytown:


And here's the playlist you can actually listen to, for good measure:


I was going to do an end-of-summer playlist, 
but this was so much more applicable plus it's a playlist I already had compiled. 
Less work, ya know. 

My life's a mess at the moment.
I'm not at all okay with it, 
but my current mantra is that whole fake-it-til-you-make-it thing. 
It totally sucks being around people who appear to have their lives on track
while I'm still lacing up my running shoes & getting directions to the damn track.


But maybe they're faking it too?




P.S. My roommate's dog is super pissed at me because I wouldn't let him bring his feather trophy into the house. He's a mess, as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment