Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Got a Secret, Can You Keep It?

The first thing I want to talk about is this quote attributed to Eminem:
Whaaaaat.

Today at work, Boss Lady suggested that I "not drink so much water 
if it's going to make me take so many restroom breaks."
Again I say: whaaaaat. 

This picture is from my Rome semester, and
it popped up on my newsfeed yesterday:
It started out as a joke, 
but someone makes sure this photo pops up every once in a while
so that we can treasure how awful we felt at this moment in time. 

I absolutely loved my 10-day experience, BUT
the day this picture documents was fairly terrible. 
We ran around Budapest (literally ran--with all of our bags)
to multiple train stations because someone in our group
couldn't figure out what the tickets said,
and we didn't want to pay for a taxi.
At this point during the day, we had completely given up
and collapsed in the wrong train station. 
The expressions on our faces say it all. 
I come back to it to remind myself that, 
however bad life seems, 
this day was probably worse. 
Lately, it's been kind of a toss up.

The one good thing about this day was finding the Mexican restaurant in Budapest. 
Mexican food makes everything better, even sketchy Mexican in Eastern Europe.

Here are a few secrets:

 » My deepest desire, at all times, is to be hot tubbing. 
When you look at me, just know that I am dreaming
of sitting in a giant tub of boiling water. 
We might be talking about filing for bankruptcy 
or the latest Anthro catalogue
or working out later that evening,
but I am thinking about a scalding bath. 
Rest easy (or slightly uncomfortably) in that knowledge.

» When I was little, we lived in a house with very peel-able paint. 
I once peeled the beginning of my name into the closet 
I shared with my sister.
Before getting caught, I peeled it into the name of an acquaintance
and blamed it on her. 
I was a terrible child. 

» I'm at that point, post-crush, 
where I kind of still want to talk to you but I also think you're a huge douche.
The end is near! Wheeeeeee!

» I want a ton of kids, 
but I'm super reluctant to change my life entirely. 
18 years, 18 years/She got one of your kids, got you for 18 years...

» I feel like an idiot because I don't read intellectual books anymore.
When I do have/make time to read, 
I read children's books. 
Ain't no shame a little bit of shame in my game. 

» I find my gender completely irrational, 
myself included. 
I'd like to think that I rise above that stereotype 75% of the time, 
but the other 25% I'm just as hysterical as all my ladiezzz.
I wouldn't even complain (very much) if women
had to get authorization for certain things. 
We crazy. 

Got any secrets that are just weighing you down?




No comments:

Post a Comment