Sunday, January 12, 2014

No Woman No Cry

I cry at stupid things. 
That might come as a surprise. 
I don't think I'm the sort of person who comes off 
like an emotional basket case. 
I'm more the sort who laughs at people's misfortunes
(in a very concerned, caring way obvi). 
Can we all acknowledge that I chose the edited version of this because little Mom reads my blog?
I am such a giver.
People share those Upworthy & Godvine videos on Facebook
with something like "OMG Get the tissues! I BAWLED!"
and it's like a challenge to me. 
I have to prove that I'm not a frail, over-sensitive little rosebud. 
I-am-woman-hear-me-roar, Miss Independent, and all that. 

It's really too bad that I prove myself to be 
a frail, over-sensitive little rosebud every single time
I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't teared up at those stupid videos. 
And they're (usually) so stupid!
I am morally outraged that such idiocy can make me cry,
and this outrage fuels the need to keep watching these terrible videos
because  at some point I will defeat my tear ducts and emotionalism. 
The cycle continues.  

This one's mostly nice, 
but still embarrassing to cry about. 
Maybe I was caught on a bad day or something. 

UGH.
This isn't even romantic or sweet or anywhere close to a nice proposal.
It is everyone's nightmare to be on stage and not know what's going on. 
They did that to her on purpose
Luckily, this didn't happen to me
because I am vindictive & immature
and I would probably have given him a "maybe"
just to see him nervous & sweaty on live tv.
I am completely mortified that I teared up a bit.  

 
I'm increeeedibly fond of the dog-soldier reunion videos. 
Naturally, I found a whole website devoted to them. 
There's also family-soldier reunion videos,
but the dog ones really do it for me.
I will not apologize for crying at these
because I have a heart and I'm not a psycho.  

I also watched one of Russians doing nice things
like helping old ladies across the street and getting dogs out of rivers
and I teared up. 
NICE THINGS ARE NICE SHUT UP.

It turns out I'm a girl. 
Let's not go crazy, though. 
I'm still not going to tolerate stupidity. 
My icy heart hasn't melted that much. 
Flipside:
I laugh at videos too:
This is the Youtube equivalent of the "I have no idea what I'm doing" meme. 


No comments:

Post a Comment