Friday, July 4, 2014

First Impressions

Apartment hunting was a success. 
But that's not to say that I have changed my tune about Houston. 
Everyone who's told me that Houston's not so bad, you have a lot of explaining to do.
While I ended up leasing from the first place we visited, Mumsie & I still wanted to see more apartments. Except we were turned away from a few places because they just didn't have any openings and don't see any apartments becoming available--like, ever. 
And the one other place that had one-bedrooms was attempting to rob me blind. A studio for more than $1400?
Houston has a serious housing crisis on their hands, and I only care because I'm feeling it. I will be paying way too much AND still have to worry about burglars and rapists. Never the twain should meet.

And we passed a bunch of houses with concertina wire on their fences. Like this is Mexico, or something.   

Also, the hotel we stayed in didn't have much in the way of television. We were forced to watch this movie:
YIKES. I cannot stress enough how important it is to me that you never watch it. If you come across it in the future, and remember me mentioning it but you don't recall whether I loved it so much that I wrote about it on my blog OR hated it with all I have inside of me, here's a fun way to commit to memory my feelings:


I would rather CUT my own THROAT than watch that movie again. 

Those who know me have seen me T-Rex at the thought of sharp objects near my neck and/or wrists, so that should tell you how serious I am. 
Geena Davis, you should be ashamed. 

And then, the Houston morning news featured a story about a 6-foot alligator found at a McDonald's in the area. YOU CAN'T EVEN BE FAT AND HAPPY IN HOUSTON.

And on the way out of town, I noticed all of the hurricane evacuation route signs. 

Houston, you're just the worst. I will live in you for 3 years, but don't expect more than that. Civilization--aka DFW or San Antone--will be calling my name. 

Now I'm off to the pool to celebrate what's left of my freedom. #thanksobama

No comments:

Post a Comment