Monday, May 27, 2013

Wedding Weekend #1: High School Reunion

I just took my multivitamin with a healthy sip of wine. 
So, business as usual. 
I also didn't want to get a wine glass dirty, so I'm drinking out of the bottle. 
I live alone; mind your own business.

I just got back from a WONDERFUL weekend in Houston 
("wonderful" & "Houston" aren't usually seen together in a sentence)
celebrating the marriage of one of my dear high school friends. 
It ended up being a bit of a high school reunion which was SO much fun!
(And I'm not even being sarcastic. I enjoyed running into high school people...)

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous:


Left: There were super cute welcome bags in the hotel rooms with snacks and directions to the church & reception venue. 
(The snacks were devoured before a picture could be taken. #sorryimnotsorry)
Middle: I tried to get a picture of the ceremony, but 1) we sat in the very back, and 2) I'm no professional. Sorry.
Right: Beautiful program that I'll keep forever! 
(But not even joking, I will. I'm a sentimental soul.)


TL: My mom and I wanted a picture to show how GIANT the flower arrangements were. 
TR: The cake was pretty AND delicious. Successful wedding, in my book.
BR: There were flowers everywhere-the room smelled amazing.
BL: And I can't resist taking pictures of shiny, gold things. 

Top: Mom and me at the cocktail hour. Houston humidity was not working with my hair.
Middle: Friends from high school! Malloree & Medley looked gorgeous in their bridesmaid dresses!
Bottom: I was so unbelievably happy to see my favorite teacher from high school!


The band was so much fun and they had a totally badass female saxophonist.



Wedding favors!
Left: I can't say no to a custom koozie.
Right: Chips & salsa for a late night snack! 
You can take the girl out of San Antonio, but you can't take San Antonio out of the girl.

When I got back, this was waiting for me:

And it's not even my birthday!
After watching a few episodes, I considered my options:
1) binge-watch every new episode immediately
2) make the joy last and watch a couple of episodes at a time

I'm now more than halfway through the new episodes, 
so I think the "pacing myself" option is out.
Non je ne regrette rien.


And because Johnny can say it better than I can:
(Johnny is the only person who can get away with covering Tom Petty.)


"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13

Because barbecues & great sales are awesome, but today was about 
more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment