Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The One That I Forgot to Write

Because I'm such an organized, on-top-of-things blogger, (ha!)
I have a blog planner. 
(It's really just an Excel spreadsheet that makes me feel more organized.)
According to my planner, I'm supposed to post something tonight...
I just didn't write down (type down?) an idea for said post. 

So this might be a stream-of-consciousness blog. 
Not that that's really any different from my usual blogging style. 
Don't hate. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start:

I just brought a tumbler of wine to Starbucks. 
Can I be arrested for admitting that online? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, at work
(I feel like I use that sentence-starter a lot now)
I did something that might haunt me for as long as I work at this law firm. 
In order to get rid of this super annoying guy, 
I made up a boyfriend. 

This guy's been sniffing around my desk since I started working, 
and I've always been able to distract him with...work. 
Apparently, my choice in music today (Billie Holiday is super seductive)
just put him over the edge 
& he finally got up the courage to say more than "I was just thinking about you" (ugh)
when I called him on his office phone.
Long story short, I embellished too much & now I'm practically engaged. 
Do other people do this or is it just my natural inclination to lie when cornered?
It's that "fight or flight or fib" instinct. 

Forever alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This Charming Charlie" is a Tumblr I now follow. 
It inserts Smiths lyrics for the dialogue in Peanuts comic strips. 
So very, very good. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This man achieved all of my dreams. 
He bought a bus...
...and turned it into a home. 
High School Mary is elated & jealous & furiously trying to Ebay her way to a bus-clubhouse. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accomplished the bare minimum at work today. 
I leave for Florida on Friday & I can barely make it through the work day 
because of the anticipation. 
THE BOSS recently implemented these stupid rules:
all personal items must be
placed in your locker
(because we have lockers, that the boss' wife has access to).
There's also cameras in most offices that the boss (and his wife) actually watch.
My crazy mind accepted these challenges. 
The latest stroke of genius: keeping my phone tucked into a file folder
with a sheaf of documents. 
I'm not looking at my phone--I'm looking at these wage directives. 
BOOM.


Don't know that I'm going to make it through tomorrow. 
Pray for me & my wily ways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment