Monday, September 23, 2013

Contented

It's been ages since I last posted. 
That last one did much better than I expected it to, 
and I must've let that go to my head. 
Plus, I ran out of things to blog about.
Apologies. 

Here's a fairly lame blog post just to get me back in the swing of things:

A lot of bloggers do that "contents of my handbag" thing. 
But their posts always leave me feeling way disorganized & crazy.
As previously discussed, I am already crazy. 
I don't need some stranger's perfectly organized purse mocking my fragile state of mind.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, 
but I feel like the condition of one's bag is a reflection of one's life. 

Exhibit A:

1: Two Maybooks--in my defense, one is a calendar and one is a notebook, 
and I might need both at any given moment.

2: Four pens & a Sharpie--I'm a kleptomaniac. No pen is safe. 

3: Epi-pen--that's pretty normal, actually. 

4: a single bobby pin--that's gonna do a lot of good

5: both mints & gum

6: the place card from Emily's wedding...a month ago

7: no fewer than 8 chapsticks/lipsticks/lip glosses--not excessive at all

8: a little golden turtle from Greece

9: powder--to ward off the shinies 

10: wallet--meh, unnecessary because I'm a single lady who gets everything
paid for by her sugar daddies

11: the hair ties that I can never seem to find

12: two boxes of matches--in my head, I'm prepared for the 
breakdown of society/zombie apocalypse

13: an assortment of bandaids for the assortment of potential injuries I might suffer


I used this opportunity to clean out my bag. 
Maybe my life will take the hint?

But even if it doesn't, I'm fairly content with my life.
I'm young, healthy, educated, and employed with a wonderful family
and the luxury to stress over what I want to do with my life. 
Things are actually pretty good. 
There was a distinct chill in the air this morning.
Of course, it wore off by noon, but still
FALL

And here's the perfect cartoon that represents how I see my blog:



No comments:

Post a Comment