Monday, October 28, 2013

Poor Little Rich Girl

I've left you alone for a little while, 
mainly because the last time I was this exhausted, 
I was getting home from a semester abroad, 
during which I ran on lots of alcohol, nutella, and very little sleep.  
This isn't nearly as fun.

Two jobs is no joke, y'all. 
I continue to work Saturdays at the law firm, 
but I was also on Saturday's schedule at Anthro. 
Not wanting to rock the boat or get my employee discount taken away (aka FIRED), 
I acquiesced. 
I ended up working from 8:30 AM to midnight. 
It's also one of the busiest Anthropologies in the area, 
so by closing, I was less "how-can-I-help-you" and more:
But I'm making that money, honey
and that's what's important, at this point in my life. 
Except
my employee discount is SO wonderful
that I feel obligated to use it. 
Guess what?
Discount does not mean free
Money is still leaving my pocketbook.
 
I might have to get a third job to support the shopping habit
brought on by my second job. 
But:
[Sidenote:
Last night, I had a dream that I won the lottery
and gave $50 million to UD
BUT I specifically stated that it had to be used for professors' salaries. 
For some reason, UD had an issue with that, 
so I ended up writing a personal check to every single professor. 
So at least I'm charitable in my dreams?]

Halloween has gotten weird, now that I'm an adult. 
In college, dressing up was fun & awesome & I wanted to do it every weekend.
Last year, I had a classroom of kids
and school events, so it was still acceptable.
Now, I just feel kind of awkward.
Clearly (I hope I've made it clear), 
I'm not one to dress up in a slutty costume. 
And I don't really have a ton of time to devote to a clever/funny costume. 
I think I've decided on either Princess Batman or Eloise. 
We'll see how it goes. 
Here's something I made you:
Happy christening to Prince George! Slay them dragons!

Also, happy birthday to Edith Head. She led the life of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment