Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014: My Year in (Community) Gifs

Every other blogger is doing a "Best of 2014" or "2014 Reader Favorites" posts. (1) My blog isn't nearly so successful as to have a "best" or "favorite" anything, and (2) my life is not nearly so successful as to have a "best" anything. (But if you guys have any favorite moments from my 2014, please share. One of us should have some appreciation for my year...) 2013 was a year of dramatic ch-ch-ch-ch-changes (like quitting teaching and deciding to go to law school) so my year-end recap was wild and crazy and a little saddening. 2014 seems to have been a feast-or-famine type, with some fairly huge events breaking up long periods of boring awfulness.

JANUARY 
A bleak month. I was still working that terrible job and I had to work New Year's Day. Who does that?? January doesn't even deserve a gif. 

FEBRUARY
Guys, Groundhog. Just the absolute best. Groundhog 2014 is one of my favorite G-hogs, to date. Old friends + new friends + free Pat Green concert + parties in Old Mill without living in Old Mill. This next one has big shoes to fill. 
[T-30 DAYS UNTIL #TGIGROUNDHOG 2015 WEEKEND!!!]
And I applied to law school and I started keto in February. So I mostly love February.

MARCH
The internets were taken away at work, I went to a Gatsby party, and all my memories of St. Patty's Day are fuzzy. An odd month. 

APRIL
I QUIIIIIIIIT that no-good, terrible job in April. I spent this month tanning and shopping and traveling and going to concerts. IT WAS THE BEST OF TIMES.

MAY
I moved home, to prepare for law school but also because I spent all my money. Whatevs.

JUNE
Dallas for my favorite 21st birthday I've ever been a part of. 

JULY
IRELAAAAAAAAND for my birthday/pre-law school trip.

AUGUST

I moved to Houston. Enough said. 

SEPTEMBER
 
The start of law school. The start of stress. The start of (hopefully) money someday.

OCTOBER
One of those "famine" times I spoke of. Non-stop school with a quick trip to--you guessed it--Dallas. 

NOVEMBER
More famine. SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOL. 

DECEMBER
Finals. But I'm now 1/6th of the way done with law school and I did just fine in all my classes, so I won't be dropping out. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(And to all my 10-day ladies, I wish we could remember that toast we made up in Budapest. Since many of us are teaching or in grad school, may we all find some meaning in our backpacks!)
Also, if you don't watch Community, you're making a huge mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment